Helpful tips & guidance
How you can help speed up the process
- Please put notes on the lead you pass
- If you have customer documents then mention that in the lead notes but do NOT send to Lifetime Legal, Smart Compliance yet
Make sure your customers are expecting our call and are aware they need to pay (if applicable)
- Ensure they have their ID to hand for our call
- Make sure they know we may ask for additional information if needed
Enhanced due diligence
We may ask your customer to provide further information or documentation. In those cases, your customer will be referred to the Enhanced Due Diligence (EDD) team. The EDD team will be able to resolve many queries without needing to contact your customer but in others they will need to gather more information.
When and how to send documents to EDD
- Please don’t send documents in advance, only when asked by our team
- When certifying documents, please use the correct wording (see How to Certify Documents)
- Please send document as separate PDF’s
- Please name the .pdf file before sending it to EDD – the correct format should name the .pdf as the 6-digit case reference number and what the document is. For instance, the file name should be in the format: “456789grantofprobate.pdf”
How to certify documents
We recommend getting a ‘rubber stamp’ made to save time and prevent queries. Each document must be signed and dated by the certifier, and must include the following:
- The certifier’s full name
- The certifier’s occupation, business address, and telephone number (and if possible, a business stamp)
- A certification statement in the following terms:
For Photo ID: “I certify that this is a true likeness of (title and full name) and a true copy of the original document”
For Proof of Address: “I certify that this is a true copy of the original document”
The Certified Photo ID must have been certified within the last 12 months. The Certified proof of address must have been issued within the last 3 months.
5 day alerts requesting your assistance
If after 5 days of being with the EDD team the case has not passed, the EDD team will contact the person who referred the customer (or someone nominated in the company) and ask for assistance in obtaining any outstanding documentation required to pass the case.
10 day case fails
If after 10 days of being with the EDD team (rare) the case has not passed – it will be marked as ‘Failed’ and a ‘Failed Pack’ will be sent to the person who referred the customer (or someone nominated in the company). In the pack will be the reasons why the pack has failed. No further action will be taken by the EDD team unless the correct outstanding items are obtained by us and sent to EDD.
Useful to know
- Customers who don’t use Credas facial recognition will automatically be referred to EDD therefore extending the time taken to secure a pass.
- Always check the Agent Portal/your system first and remember on the Agent Portal to click the little document icon to read more notes.
- Never email a compliance pack to a customer
Download this handy guide for future reference.